Free shipping for all dog accessories!

What’s inside?

FishDish are proud that our products contain one single ingredient, just 100% sustainably sourced MSC Atlantic Cod, that’s it! Our products are free from grain, gluten and sugar as well as artificial additives, colourings and flavourings

Dogs are omnivores

Many people believe dogs are carnivores (an animal that feeds on other animals). In fact, dogs are omnivores (an animal that eats a variety of food from both plant and animal origin), even wolves in the wild derive nutrition from both plant and animal sources. It is important for pet parents to understand this in order to provide their dog with a healthy balanced diet, ensuring their canine is receiving a combination of protein, fat, carbohydrates and fibre as well as essential nutrients and minerals.

Dog Food Explained

What should I be feeding my dog? What is my budget? These are just some of the questions pet parents find themselves asking when undecided in the dog food aisle at their local pet food store or supermarket.  

Dog food can be broken down into three categories, wet food (ready meals, canned dog food etc.), dry food (kibble) and treats (FishDish). Dry food such as kibble is the most economical type of commercially available dog food, and this is one reason that many owners choose it for their dog. It can be bought in bulk and supports a long shelf life. Wet dog foods (canned dog food or ready meals) in many ways, can be superior to kibble. This food typically contains more meat protein than their dry counterparts and it is often made with fewer and more complex carbohydrates. Due to the processing of canned dog food or ready meals the air-tight packaging of this food often contains no synthetic preservatives. Today there are also many dog treats available on the market with the majority of these treats considered to be economically inexpensive. However some of these treats can be detrimental to the overall health of your canine mainly as they are heavily processed, containing artificial colourings and preservatives, providing little to no nutritional value other than empty calories. When choosing dog treats pet parents should consider natural food treats derived from both plant and animal sources (examples include dried chicken, fruit, beef or fish) with the latter often having additional benefits such as omega 3 fish oils and essential fatty acids. 

Nature knows best 

Humans consuming a diet mainly made up from natural foods has many health benefits so it makes sense for your dog to do the same in order to maintain or reach optimum health and well-being. Foods don’t get any more natural that fish, especially sustainably sourced fish. By avoiding processed dog foods or treats which are usually void from any nutritional value, often containing artificial colourings, additives and preservatives pet parents can increase the quality and life span of their dog. A diet of natural foods can help pet parents avoid many unnecessary allergenic reactions and food intolerances resulting in a happier and healthier dog as well as less visits to the local vet. 

It is equally important for pet parents when choosing food or snacks for their dog to understand the ingredients. Many of the dog foods and snacks available today contain a multitude of other hidden ingredients in addition to the main ingredient being marketed, i.e. chicken, beef, pork etc. In some cases, the main ingredient can contain as little as 4% so it is reasonable to ask what is the other 96% of ingredients? This is usually bulking agents’, fillers, additives and preservatives. Marketing is a powerful tool and some of the premium dogs treats on the market today contain a maximum of 30% of the main ingredient, i.e. fish, chicken, beef etc. The main reason why manufacturers do this is to maximise the product value in the consumers eyes while minimising the productions costs. This practice is referred to within the industry as ‘Pixie Dusting’. 

FishDish is different

We pride ourselves of being transparent with our ingredients and our supply chain. We only use the best. That’s why our nutritiously delicious fish snacks contain 100% sustainable sourced Atlantic Cod, that’s it! Pet parents can trust our single ingredient products and more importantly have confidence that these products are less likely to cause allergies or intolerances as a result of hidden ingredients and empty calories. FishDish products are slowly dehydrated to lock-in the intrinsic properties, maximise the nutritional profile, prolong the shelf life while keeping the product as natural as possible. 

FishDish benefits summarised:  

  • 100% natural
  • Crunchy texture improves oral hygiene
  • Weight control
  • Omega 3 and collagen 
  • Great for skin and coats
  • Joint care and mobility
  • Easy to digest and gut health
  • Low in fat and calories 
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Free from grain, gluten and sugar